Sunday, March 30, 2008

A Model of Archiving





According to the Dictionary.com, an archivist is "a person responsible for preserving, organizing, or servicing archival material." (Random House, 2006). Archivist work in many fields, not just libraries. Above is a model for an archivist working in the pharaceutical industry (Biomedical Central, 2008). This is just one example. Does anyone else have another example? If so, please post and let me know.



Archivist. (2008). Random House unabridged dictionary. Dictionary.com. Retrieved March 30, 2008 from http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/archivist
Unknown. (2008). Role of an archivist. Retrieved March 30, 2008 from http://www.biomedcentral.com/content/download/figures/1472-6939-7-4-1.PDF



1 comment:

Honeycat said...

I had an idea for a previous class to make a more specific archive for Florida documents. I realize that there is a government depository in Tallahassee but I was wondering about one closer to home. I was especially worried about the implications of another Katrina destroying our information. The Louisiana public libraries suffered a great loss and I would hate to see that happening again.